The Business2Sea – Sea Forum of 2018 will take place from November 14 to 16 at the Alfandega Porto Congress Centre, Porto. The 8th edition of the event will be dedicated to the main theme ‘2030 Sea Challenges‘ and it is organised by Fórum Oceano in collaboration with Fundação CETMAR, Centro Tecnológico do Mar, located in Galiza.
The event will encompass a diversified programme that includes:
– A Conference commemorating the National Day of the Sea in Portugal, with the participation of international experts and representatives of European and national public authorities;
– A set of seminars and thematic workshops to be held in parallel, focusing on topics such as Nautical Tourism, Marine Resources, Marine Technologies, Employment and Training, Marine Industries, Marine Energies, Ports and Maritime Transport, Sustainability of the Marine Ecosystems, Cross-border and Atlantic Cooperation and Oceans Literacy.
– A programme of International Business Meetings (B2B);
– A programme of Pitches – “Curtas de Mar” dedicated to short presentation of projects and initiatives in the area of the economy of the Sea;
– A showcase of marine products and technologies;
– Moments for networking and for tasting of products of the Sea.
More information and provisional programme at: http://www.forumoceano.pt/p185-business2sea-sea-forum-2018-en
CIIMAR is organising the international conference BLUEandGREEN Legacy – Adding value to Marine Bioresources, with the participation of key international speakers in the field of Marine Biotechnology, Bioeconomics and Circular Economy. Intending to understand the national landscape of blue biotechnology, BLUEandGREEN Conference will be an important step in the construction of the National Roadmap for Marine Biotechnology.
We would be honored by your presence on October 1st 2018, at CIIMAR headquarters (Porto Cruise Terminal).
Being BUEandGREEN Conference organised back to back with BioMarine, you can have a discount in the BioMarine registration. We will also have a bus that departs from CIIMAR, on the morning of the 2nd of October to BioMarine.
Conference website: http://blueandgreen.ciimar.up.pt/legacy-conference/
Bioresources: unlocking and accessing the potential of the marine environment
Tuesday 9th October
Pôle de Mer and EMBRC-Fr will organize this one day session of the Sea Tech Week. During the session, the EBB project will be presented by Cristina Secades from UVigo.
Marine bioresources are at the heart of economic activities in the maritime regions, providing the food we eat, the air we breathe, and to an increasing, extent new products and a new frontier to explore in terms of biotechnological advances. Brittany and the surrounding regions have a wealth of expertise and projects valorising biological resources from the sea and continue to drive and innovate the biotech sector. This session will give a flavour of what Brittany had to offer of activities related to marine bioresources in public-private partnerships, industrial R&D, and fundamental research, and how to access the marine ecosystems, its biological resources and related expertise through the international network of research infrastructures present in Brittany. The support provided by such infrastructures will be highlighted with the EMBRC project EBB on the access to marine biological resources in the context of the Access and Benefit Sharing legal framework (Nagoya protocol).
Keywords: marine biological resources /innovation / biotechnology / research infrastructure
PROGRAMME OF THE SESSION
Find more about the event at http://www.seatechweek.eu/